Tank Capacity & Temperature Sensors
Wireless Bluetooth Temperature Sensors for Cerbo in Products List
WATER, GREY WATER and FUEL TANKS
Knowing the capacity of your tanks is easy with Victron or Simarine and Safiery's tank sensors:
- Differential pressure sensors use a USA MEM's silicon chip to accurately measure the water level in a tank and therefore the volume in litres. Even in off shaped tanks, the system will integrate the values in a short range as the tank changes shape.
- Fit to the bottom side of a tank -G1/4 thread
- Fit on a T-piece before the drain tap
- Fit into a drain bung directly (most are 3/4 BSP and an adaptor is easily sourced)
- Undertank Ultrasonic sensors are a quick installation and retrofit when:
- There is no tank shield
- There is no paint on the tank
- The tank material can be glues to (polypropolyene, metal, fibreglass, composites are all good.
Victron GX Tank 140
The new Victron GX Tank 140 is usable with all the Safiery voltage based sensors.
Victron GX Tank 140 installed in Dodge ram with compact tank level transmitter
Here are some installed pics:
GREY WATER TANKS
- EASY installation.
- These Ultrasonic sensors fit under the tank, preferably toward the centre of the tank.
- They glue with a standard 2 part epoxy
- The alloy surround has a deep channel to capture the excess glue so it doesnt flow to the outside of the sensor.
- There is a test LED on the sensor that shows:
- 12V power is available
- Ultrasonic is working correctly
- Have the same features as fresh water measurement described above.
- Can only be installed directly to a tank. There cant be any protective shield around the tank.
- Fibreglass, metal, polypropolyene tanks are easy to adhere to. Poly-ethylene (the plastic that nothing sticks to) requires some minor surface heating as preparation for fixing sensor.
- Common today to have ultrasonic sensors reading grey water tank levels asthe sensor cant be fouled.
- Use the same water filling meter to measure the available volume.
LPG TANK LEVEL MEASUREMENT
LPG Tank Level Sensor and Pre-processor
Bottle Size: 4kg to 60kg bottle. Includes "swap-n-go" gas bottles.
This sensor attaches magnetically to the bottom of a steel LPG tank
The surface needs to be clean and clear of folded paint or debris.
The sensor has a digital output which goes to the Pre-processor.
The resultant output is 0-5V suitable for Victron GX Tank 140 or Simarine Monitoring Systems.
Calibration may be needed with a conversion to kg that matches LPG tank capacity when tank is full and fitted.
This sensor requires a 12V power supply.