Simple Shunt Install
Author: Bruce Loxton Date Posted:4 April 2018
Have you installed multiple shunts on the negative side of the master battery bank?
I have seen up to 6 different shunts picking up power inputs and drains. They are typically installed just before the mast shunter on the battery.
This has its problems:
- Concentration of cabling
- Significant realestate taken up
- Confusion on the current flow direction
- Maintenance nightmare.
SIMARINE shunt devices:
- Installed on positive or negative side of battery
- Four low power (less than 25Amp) circuits on one device
- For greater then 25A, just bridge the channels in 25A blocks
- Protection on each channel
- Wire up in the most convenient and clean manner, no need to check the current flow direction when wiring.
- Current direction can be "reversed in software"
- No need for a master battery shunt
- Simply "add" the sum of all the shunts, both on the positive and negative side of battery for total battery current draw.
- Add a large shunt on the inverter currect draw
- Multiple 500A shunts can be used for large loads.
- Faster installation of cabling and shunts
- Wiring is neat and clean without overlays to change current direction
- Adding up total shunt current is a breeze