SAFE & POWERFUL MARINE BATTERY CHARGING
There can be several issues facing users of marine alternators:
- Insufficient power when passage making
- Engine load when idling
- Power dump when sudden lithium battery disconnect damages/destroys alternator.
There is also a missed opportunity when large Gensets are installed.
- A genset may not be needed at all
- A smaller backup genset may be sufficient.
Safiery can provide solutions to these problems:
SAFIERY High Performance Alternator. Made in Brisbane Australia. Available in 12V, 24V and 48V models.
1. Increase the raw output with an aftermarket alternator
- Australian Made 2.5kW to 10kW peak power
- With an efficiency approaching 85%, upgrade to the High Performance (Australian made) alternator. This is the high output is achieved with:
- Interlaced magnetic leaves added to rotor.
- 10mm stud for power connection.
- Field control plug in addition to standard plug to suit Toyota.
- Optimized capacitor control to minimize DC ripple at this power.
Cruising at 1400 RPM in a Diesel will give 175A available output in the 12V model. Subtract the 20-30A used for 12V loads and 150A is available for charging batteries.
Cruising at 1400 RPM in a Diesel will give 15kw available output in the Dual opposing mounted 48V models.
2. Upgrade to a Wakespeed WS-500 Digital CANbus Alternator Controller
- This is the problem with analog control. It is a “one size of output for all conditions”. To protect the Alternators, DC charging has to be limited. The user then misses out gaining the high power output at cruising speeds.
Digital CANbus controllers do not convert power, they control it.
- They are effectively 100% efficient.
- They change the performance of the alternator to deliver the maximum power to charge the batteries whilst monitoring the alternator and engine.
- They scale the power to maximum.
- They can produce zero load at idle.
- They are perfect for any size Lithium battery taking them to 100% SOC.
- Can be used with AGM batteries.
- They can be mounted in the engine room.
- They are rugged and compact- only 190 x 100 x 60 mm
Programming the Wakespeed 500 from Smartphone App
Perfect for Lithium
Whatever brand Lithium battery you have, it may suddenly disconnect.
- We have a simple way of handling this with wakespeed-500 without Alternator burn-out.
A Victron ARGOFET 200A Charging Splitter is added with ignition switched activation. This directs the charging to both the starter battery and the Lithium house battery.
- Lithium is given priority to charge first, then the starter battery takes a small percentage of power.
- When the Lithium battery makes a disconnect, the Wakespeed takes over and reduces power output keeping the Argofet on for a few seconds while the alternaor dumps power into the starter battery.
Smartphone App Display of Alternator Performance.
By upgrading from a standard Shunt to Smart Shunt, you will see on your smartphone:
- Charging Power in Watts.
- Battery Voltage being Charged.
- Alternator temperature.
- Charging History in kWh.
- Min/Max Battery Voltage.
- MinMax Alternator Voltage.
Read the Review by Steve Mitchell on Wakespeed Performace over 12 months
What is the Wiring?
Others Also Bought