Blue Heeler DIY Packs
Power Control, Monitoring, & Switching, Wiring Packages
Its taken us 36 years to be able to design and manufacture these Multiple Layer Smart Wired Packages!
The secret to "no problems" is the matched system & harness design, automated manufacture and Victron Quality.
Buy Design & Components
Loose or Loom Connected
Buy Design, Components Installed
On Surface Mounted Board
Buy Design, Components Installed
in Plug n Play Panel Mounted Package
|Fits custom spaces may be combo of surface and panel mount||Pre-made to a fixed size on Surface board||Pre-made in specially vented and hung cases that plug together|
Q & A
1. How is the Blue Heeler Case Wired?
We can't show the details to protect our design but the wired terminations are sourced from Germany where compact dual layer designs are common. There is a lower "bottom & front" panel section that is easily removed giving access to fuses and breakers. There is a dedicated labelled double layer termination point for each and every wired pair out to "remote" devices like fridge, solar, lights etc. It is extremely easy for a DIY to mount and wire to. Save yourself big bucks.
2. What is the Size? How does it compare? Can the Display be installed elsewhere?
The main case and the inverter measured in a pair are 499 x 487 x 141 mm.
The Display and Switches can be placed on the main case or installed on a fill-in or wall close by.
3. How is the Inverter Connected and is it Certified by an Electrician?
The 2000W Smart Inverter is installed to Australian Standards complete with an RCBO and checked by a licenced electrician. An installation certificate is issued with clear guidance on installing GPO's. A GPO can be fitted to front of case below the Monitor and Switches. All self contained.
The Smart Inverter is protected with a Mega Fuse. An individual Current flow is displayed on Simarine. The power flows and control of the Smart Inverter is shown on the bluetooth Victron Smartphone app.
4. What Protection is in place to prevent the Inverter running the battery flat?
The Smart Battery Protect does this for you. It will turn off all loads when a pre-set low volatage is reached. It also allows you to turn off the system from your Smartphone.
5. Is an ignition wire required from the engine for the Victron Smart DC to DC?
No. It is set up to only provide power when the engine is running. This is possible thanks to the built-in engine shutdown detection. This also prevents the onboard voltage of the vehicle from becoming too low. It is not necessary to disturb the vehicle's wiring or to install a separate motor run sensor or to access the CAN-bus system.
When charging, three-stage charge algorithm will increase battery life by properly charging the battery. Especially in the case of vehicles with a smart alternator, or voltage drop caused by long cable runs, controlled charging is indispensable. Controlled charging will also protect the alternator in lithium systems where direct charging can overload the alternator due to the low impedance of the lithium battery.
6. Can this Smart DC to DC recover a flat Lithium battery?
Yes. From the Smartphone app, the unit can be switched to power supply mode and generally recover recently discharged lithium batteries. After recovery, one touch switches it back to DC to DC vehicle charging mode.
7. Why do Victron keep the Smart Solar and Smart vehicle Chargers separate and not provide a combo?
- Combo solar controller units are a slave to the vehicle DC to DC.
- They operate at low efficiency and the MPPT is not ultra fast.
- They are limited in the solar panel voltage so have a late start and early finish.
- They are also limited in overall power.
The Smart Solar controller in this package:
- operates at 98% efficiency
- Can have a 100V panel voltage for an early start and late finish
- Have Ultra fast MPPT controller that adjusts with variable cloud cover in seconds.
- AND has an expert mode which, which allows exact matching to lithium for "rebulk mode" on poor solar days or late in the afternoon.
- AND it will operate up to full power while the DC to DC is operatinng giving up to 50A while driving in full sun.
You will effectively have 10-20% more solar capacity than other popular DC-DC/Solar Combo's. This saves you money with solar panel purchase and size limitations.
Victron products have 5 year warranty, Simarine and Safiery have 3 year warranty including the Lithium batteries.
By comparison Redarc only offer a 2 year warranty.
9. Operating Manual?
Rather than give you a clutch of sifferent manuals, we have tailored a manual (on line) that steps through operation with Smartphones and the Touch displays.