Triple Insulated Solar
This is a packaged product unassembled.
- 70W ETFE Flexible Solar panel 1050mm x 370mm with optimizer placed below the panel.
- UV Stabilized Polycarbonate 16mm thick with 3 sets of open insulation cells, 1,000mm x 370mm
- Polycarbonate has 4 x 12mm routed strips of removed outer polycarbonate skin leaving reservior for Sika 252 application to bond to panel and the caravan/Karavan/Kruiser roof. (Sika is not included)
- Extruded alloy front and trailing edge 370mm x 19mm, either 2 for one panel, if panels are "back to back" then one leading edge per panel plus intermediate polycarbonate piece as joiner under the back to back panels.
- Lightweight at 2.3kg for 70W output (Solar Panel 1.3kg, Triple Insulated olycarbonate 0.8kg, Sika to fix 0.2 kg, Alloy end caps 0.05kg)
- Highest quality Sunpower cells giving a 20%+ yield and 70W from 1050mm x 370mm.
- Top finish is Japanese ETFE with 5 year warranty against de-lamination or peeling.
- Triple insulated with 3 sets of air pockets in a honeycomb UV rated polycarbonate base between the solar panel and roof
- Has concealed optimizer and cabling
- Fitted with an extruded leading edge to prevent driving under overhanging trees damaging front of panel
- Has concealed airspace under for panel wiring to traverse across other panels.
- Isolated panel bonding from roof expansion
How they work:
The Triple Insulated Solar is:
- Lightweight ETFE finished flexible solar panel
- Bonded to a UV rated polycarbonate sheet
- With alloy extruded leading and trailing edges.
- Solar optimizer or connection block is mounted underneath the solar panel and is the same height as the polycarbonate triple insulating material.
- Polycarbonate triple insulating material has four layers with 3 air flow pockets between the top and bottom layer.
- Insulation factor is R3 which means it lets through 1/3 of the heat energy.
- Solar panel on top of the triple insulation layer is cooler and operates more efficiently.
- Triple insulation layer keeps inside caravan temperature cooler in summer and warmer in winter.
- For Kimberley Kruiser, the Tropical roof is kept in tact and there is no reason to replace it.
- For Kimberley Karavan, there is a significant reduction of temperture inside for R3 insulation.
Temperature comparison of Triple Insulated solar installed on top of Optima Black Solar on Kimberley Kruiser S3.
- Photo on left is temperature of Sunpower black cells on top of Solar Panel .
- Photo on right is spot temperature of bottom polycarbonate cell sitting on top of Optima Black solar.
Photo Below shows dry fit of first panel overlaying the installed Kimberley Black Optima Panels.
Solar Panel Specifications:
|Temperature Co-efficient||0.32% / Degc|
|Using a MPPT Controller at 98% Efficiency|
|Max Operating Voltage to Battery MPPT Controller||14.5V (Charge)|
|Typical Max Measured Operating Current to Lithium Battery after MPPT Controller with perfect orientation at 25 deg C||4.5-4.8A|
|Unit Of Measure||each|
Others Also Bought
Now from $59.00