Triple Insulated Solar 190W
This is a Super -high-efficiency Panel with a high Voc of 38V. It is perfect for 12V-24V-48V solar systems as two panels in series will yield 76V Voc and a current of 10A from both panels in series off the roof. Running this through a Victron Solar Controller will yield:
2 x 190W Panels in Series requires an area of 1190 x 800 each: 1190mm x 1600mm for two.
- 12V System charging at 14.4V : 26A max
- 24V System charging at 28.8V : 13A max
- 48V System charging at 52.5V : 7A max
This is a packaged product unassembled.
- 190W ETFE Flexible Solar panel 1190mm x 800mm with optimizer placed below the panel.
- UV Stabilized Polycarbonate 16mm thick with 3 sets of open insulation cells.
- Polycarbonate has 4 x 12mm routed strips of removed outer polycarbonate skin leaving reservior for Sika 252 application to bond to panel and the caravan/rooftop tent/4WD roof. (Sika is not included)
- Extruded alloy front and trailing edge 790mm x 19mm, 2 for one panel.
- Lightweight at 4.8kg for 190W output (Solar Panel 3.4kg, Triple Insulated Polycarbonate 1.2kg, Sika to fix 0.3 kg, Alloy end caps 0.07kg)
- Highest quality Sunpower cells giving a 20%+ yield and 150W from 1485mm x 540mm.
- Top finish is Japanese ETFE with 5 year warranty against de-lamination or peeling.
- Triple insulated with 3 sets of air pockets in a honeycomb UV rated polycarbonate base between the solar panel and roof
- Has concealed optimizer and cabling
- Fitted with an extruded leading edge to prevent driving under overhanging trees damaging front of panel
- Has concealed airspace under for panel wiring to traverse across other panels.
- Isolated panel bonding from roof expansion
These are the two tables showing the solar panel performance of Sunpower cells as published by Sunpower.
NO WHERE TO HIDE: CALCULATING TRUE SOLAR PERFORMANCE
We have read many websites advertising caravan and 4WD solar panels at lower prices. They nearly always brag about having the "high or even highest efficiency solar panels in the market".
We simply do the maths to find out the "pork pies" and its "porkies" on nearly every occassion.
How is this done?
It's very easy you see. Sunpower publish the Voc of their solar wafers. Simply take the number of wafers on the panel and then divide the panel Voc by this number to get the Voc per wafer. Then look up the tables above to determine the quality.
There is a slight complication: If the panel has bypass diodes then the forward voltage loss has to be taken off (one reason whigh high voltage panels have an advantage as the loss is a much smaller pecentage). There will also be a very small voltage loss on the junctions themselves of say 0.1V. We use a 0.8V Diode loss.
Lets look at an example.
Safiery's highest grade panels are 190W. They have a Voc of 38V. There are 54 wafers in a panel. The Calculation is:
Voltage of Wafers before Diode: 38V + 0.8V +0.1V = 38.9V.
38.9V/54 Wafers = 0.7203V/Wafer
Looking up Chart above these wafers are Maxeon III Bin Le1 which is 0.721 per wafer. This shows the diode and junction drop to be a little more than 0.9V.
Checking the power against the same chart:
54 Wafers x 3.62 Wp per wafer = 195.48 Watts
Loss of 0.9V x 6.15Isc Loss on Diode/Junction = 5.535 W
195.48 - 5.535 = 190.013Wats
The Maths Check out. No Porky Pies here!
To check out your own panels follow this proceedure. If the wafers are not Sunpower, use the above as a guide. Here is the Summary of Sunpower Wafers/Cells.
of Loss per Degree C
> 25Deg C
How they work:
The Triple Insulated Solar is:
- Lightweight ETFE finished flexible solar panel
- Bonded to a UV rated polycarbonate sheet
- With alloy extruded leading and trailing edges.
- Solar optimizer or connection block is mounted underneath the solar panel and is the same height as the polycarbonate triple insulating material.
- Polycarbonate triple insulating material has four layers with 3 air flow pockets between the top and bottom layer.
- Insulation factor is R3 which means it lets through 1/3 of the heat energy.
- Solar panel on top of the triple insulation layer is cooler and operates more efficiently.
- Triple insulation layer keeps inside caravan temperature cooler in summer and warmer in winter.
- Design prevents the solar panel being "pulled apart" by expansion of the roof.
Solar Panel Specifications:
|Temperature Co-efficient||0.32% / Degc|
|Using a MPPT Controller at 98% Efficiency|
|Max Operating Voltage to Battery MPPT Controller||14.5V (Charge)|
|Typical Max Measured Operating Current to Lithium Battery after MPPT Controller with perfect orientation at 25 deg C||9.8-10.2A|
|Unit Of Measure||each|
Others Also Bought
More From This Category